A few years ago, Kylie Jenner posted a Snapchat photo of her ramen with a caption of: “I add Butter, Garlic Powder, and an egg to my ramen noodles.”
There was no recipe attached, but the internet went wild. Everyone tried re-making versions of it and supposedly, adding those 3 ingredients to any instant ramen turns out pretty well.
We don’t know much about Kylie Jenner.
But when we heard about this recipe, we knew we had to do it right and take her ramen to the next level.
So we leveled up her “recipe” with our ramen upgrade: a keto-friendly garlic clam ramen topped with whipped leek butter and soft-boiled egg.Print
- 1 pound Manila clams
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 leek stem
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tbsp of dry sake
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of white miso paste
- 1 serving of immi ramen noodles
- (optional for topping) 1 egg
- (optional for topping) finely chopped nori
- Soak 1 pound of Manila clams in a large bowl of cold water. Pro tip: If you add salt to the water, the clams will purge any remaining sand inside them.
- Smash 4 cloves of garlic and cut the piece of ginger in half.
- Cut off the stem of the leek and cut that stem in half. Dice 1/4 of the remaining leaf part of the leek and set aside to use later.
- Heat 1/2 stick of butter in a large pot and throw in the 4 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 halves of ginger, and 2 halves of leek stem. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of dry sake to de-glaze the pot. Drink some too if you’re feeling wild.
- Pour in 1 quart of chicken broth and simmer the pot on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a mixer and put in the other 1/2 stick of butter along with the chopped leek leaves. Mix on high power for 3 minutes until the butter is whipped and airy. Scoop out the butter into a bowl to use later.
- Once the broth has simmered for 10 minutes, add in the clams and cook on high boil for 5 minutes.
- After boiling, take the pot off the stove and drain the broth into another pot.
- Add 2 tbsp of white miso paste into the strained broth and stir until melted and evenly mixed.
- Take out a serving bowl and put in your immi ramen noodles.
- Ladle the miso butter broth onto your noodles. Also put in as many cooked clams as you’d like. We’re clam savages so we use them all.
- Add a spoonful of whipped butter onto the noodles. If you love butter, feel free to add more.
- Optionally top with a soft boiled egg and the finely chopped nori seaweed.
- Enjoy your ramen!