- 6 pieces of uncured thick-cut bacon
- 2 tbsp brown erythritol (Swerve is a good option)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper chili flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 small block of pecorino cheese
- 1 serving of immi ramen noodles
Note: We prefer using a cast iron for the millionaire’s bacon but you can use any pan that you can put in an oven
Keto-Friendly Millionaire’s Bacon
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of brown erythritol into a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Add 1/4 tsp of red pepper chili flakes.
- Mix this all together with a spoon. The brown erythritol is sticky so it is a bit hard to mix but try your best.
- Put this mixture onto a flat plate.
- Coat 2 bacon slices (on both sides) with this mixture. Use your fingers to press down so that the mixture sticks to each side of the bacon (if you prefer less sweet tasting millionaire’s bacon, then you don’t have to coat as much).
- Put the 2 coated bacon slices onto a cast iron pan and put it into the oven. Set your timer for 10-12 minutes (depending on how crispy you like your bacon).
- After the timer finishes, take the cast iron pan out and let it rest while you make your carbonara ramen.
- Crack 2 full eggs into a bowl. Then take the 2 remaining eggs, separate out the yolk and only add the yolks to the same bowl.
- Grate pecorino cheese into the bowl. Shave like there’s no tomorrow.
- Add salt and pepper and mix everything well. Set the bowl aside.
- Take the other 4 pieces of bacon and cut them into small slices.
- Pan fry the bacon slices until browned and then turn the stove to low heat.
- Take out your cooked ramen noodles of choice (we prefer immi’s low-carb, high protein, keto-friendly ramen noodles) and add them to the pan while mixing them with the pan-fried bacon.
- Turn off the stove, and take the pan off to rest for a few minutes. You want to let the pan cool down for awhile so that when you add the carbonara sauce, it doesn’t end up cooking into scrambled eggs.
- After a few minutes, pour the bowl of carbonara sauce into the pan and mix well.
- Put the carbonara ramen onto a plate.
- Top with the millionaire’s bacon.