- 1 yellow onion
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 3 bacon strips
- Sea salt
- Dashi powder
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (we use Sir Kensington’s to keep it healthier)
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 lemon (for zest)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Katsuoboshi flakes
- 1 serving of immi ramen noodles
Don’t be overwhelmed by all the components of this dish. It’s actually really simple to make but there are a few components that get mixed into each other so we broke this recipe out into easy-to-follow sections.
- Dice 1 yellow onion.
- Dice 3 cloves of garlic and 1 piece of ginger finely.
- Cook diced onions on pan until browned.
- Add diced garlic and ginger to the pan.
- Leave this sofrito mixture on low heat to simmer until you get to the shio tare portion of this recipe.
- Slice 1 tomato in half and core both halves.
- Take second tomato, cut 1 slice off and set the rest aside. You’ll use this tomato slice for topping later
- Fry both tomato halves facedown in a pan to blacken them.
- After blackened, put the two halves in an air fryer face up and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Leave them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Cook 2-3 bacon strips in a pan. Some people like them a bit soggier but we cook ’em till they’re nice and crispy.
- Mix 4 tbsp of sea salt with some hot water
- Take the sofrito mixture in the pan that you were simmering earlier and pour in 1 cup of this sofrito into the sea salt + hot water mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Add 1 spoonful of dashi powder into ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Get out a small bowl and add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of dashi, 1/2 tablespoon of shio tare, a bit of lemon zest, 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Prepare your noodles. We love using immi’s low-carb, high-protein ramen noodles.
- After your prepare your noodles, chill the noodles in an ice bath.
- In a large bowl, toss the chilled noodles with 3/4 of the total bowl of mayo-tare sauce
- Put the tossed noodles in a serving bowl
- Put the 1 slice of tomato on top
- Put the roasted tomato halves from the air fryer on top of the sliced tomato
- Cut your iceberg lettuce in quarters and add 1/4 of the iceberg lettuce into the bowl
- Add fried bacon pieces to the bowl
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 of the mayo-tare mixture over the top
- Sprinkle katsuobushi flakes as a topping